Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ilford HP5+ 400

More Sign
I shot and developed my first roll of Ilford HP5+ 400 since high school - the film is supposed to be pretty similar to Kodak Tri-X 400 and I found that to be true. I shot it with my Minolta X-700 and developed it for 5 minutes in Kodak HC-110(b). Some people say that it is a little less contrasty than Tri-X but I didn't seem to notice that - and I'm someone who loves lots of contrast. The grain is said to be quit different too but my scans don't show it too much - it would probably come out more in prints. I shot the whole roll with a 45mm f/2 Rokkor lens - the one that came with most late 70's Minolta's - I found the lens to be far less sharp than my 60's era Rokkors and it didn't have nearly as pleasing of a bokeh. I have three of these lenses and they will probably remain on the shelf from now on....
Wagons Tractor Wash Dave washing the old Oliver. Tracks XXVII You know by now I love train track photos. Finishing Johnny "finishing" in the Stawbar Field. Dave and Johnny Dave and Johnny switching. Daisies Daises. Laura Laura Empty Sales Barn 'Empty Sales Barn'

No comments: