Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Royal Bangs on Film

Royal Bangs at Grog Shop
A month ago I tested out a new, new, old, old camera(a Nikon L35 AF) at the Royal Bangs show at the Grog Shop. Let me explain - I had bought a Nikon L35 AF when I first started collecting cameras year back and finally started to shoot it a little over a year ago. Unfortunately it died on me so I recently picked up another one at an estate sale. I always liked the camera(Nikon's first auto-focus point and shoot) for its accurate AF, sharp lens, and bright flash ...and think it outshines many of the film point and shoots that followed over the years. It was released in 1983 and kinda has a cult following. I shot two rolls in mine that night - and extremely expired roll of Kodak Gold 200(which came out pretty rough) and a roll of Fuji Superia 400 which looks quite nice. Its a great camera to bring along when I don't feel like worrying about expensive equipment and manual operation. I'm glad to have it back in my line-up of working 35mm cameras.
Royal Bangs at Grog Shop
Royal Bangs at Grog Shop My fave from the night. Lindsey and Laura Laura and Lindsey "pre-gaming" it. This is an example of how the expired Kodak Gold looks. Royal Bangs at Grog Shop More Bangs. Royal Bangs at Grog Shop Another of the Kodak Gold shots - makes Instagram look like a Leica M9 shot!(oh photo-nerd humor!)

No comments: