Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fomapan 400 Action

Vines
Today I developed my first roll of Fomapan 400 which I shot in my Minolta X-700. The general consensus on the web seems to be that the film should be shot and developed at ISO 200 - I didn't listen to that though and shot it at the box speed of 400. Why buy my first roll of a 400 film and shoot it at 200 just because a bunch of web-nerds say too? Anyways - I shot the film the same way I shoot Tri-X 400 and developed in to the time specified in the Massive Development Chart(7 minutes). I was really happy with the contrast - I liked it as much if not more than what I can get with Tri-X, but this film is grainier and less sharp in my opinion. Some people say to steer clear of this stuff but I would shoot it again - maybe even try it out at ISO 200....cuz ya know - a lot of those nerds know what they are talking about. This was also the first time I used a wetting agent(Kodak Photo-Flo 200) in the final rinse of my film - and it worked like a charm - no water marks at all! I'm sold - I'll never do without this dream liquid again...now what to do about that dust.... Big JohnWild Flowers VI
Vines "Vines" Rock Moving Johnny in the Cranz Field Spikes! Sprouting corn in the 2 Acre Field Cranz from Field "Hammond-Cranz House Behind Fence" Szalay's Farm "Szalay's Farm from the 3 Acre Lot" Light Woods II
"Light Woods"
Riley
Riley riding on the back of the truck - I shot this through the window.

No comments: