Thursday, December 8, 2011

Treaty Line at Sunset

Sun & Leaves
Earlier I decided to get out of the house and go for a hike. I really just wanted to get a little bit of exercise but as usual I had to have a camera with me(actually I had two). Like always I couldn't just enjoy a walk - I knew I'd be seriously uncomfortable if I didn't make at least a couple decent images....its a curse. Anyways - I messed around with my 35mm camera and a macro lens for a bit then spent the rest of the hike trying to capture some interesting light with my Canon 7D.
Shadows

Black and White Stump
I also took a few shots with converting them to black and white in mind - I've recently read multiple articles on making compelling black and white from digital images. I turned this one black and white with the HSL screen in Adobe Camera Raw. I still haven't been completely satisfied with any of my B&W conversions - I plan on downloading the trial of Nik Software's Silver Efex Pro 2...I've only heard good things about it.

No comments: