Monday, December 19, 2011

The Best Camera...

...is the one you have with you - as the old adage goes...
Winter Field Work
Unfortunately the one on my cellphone is really, really awful. I often contemplate buying a nice compact camera to have with me when I can't carry one of my DSLRs - but I've never been able to justify the cost as that money could go to a new lens or other equipment ...and I don't plan on upgrading to a smart phone with a nicer camera anytime soon. Maybe its time to explore the used compact camera market....

Oh yeah - the photos. These are of some Winter field work we are doing at Szalay's Farm. We're building new levees and raising the old ones to prevent the kind of flooding catastrophes we had last year(and early last decade). In these photos we're cutting down trees where the new levees will be and then placing them along the river in weak spots to reinforce the earthen dikes.

No comments: