Friday, January 2, 2009

Year In Review

Overall I found 2008 to be an average year at best....but since I have high hopes and some big plans for '09 I'll focus on some of the highlights of last year....

A Test
At the beginning of the year I was working third shift at Boston Mills. It was an interesting job - making snow from 11 at night until 7 in the morning. Towards the end of the season it started to wear on me, but i saved a decent amount of money and put it towards some new camera equipment and a little trip to Florida....

Bahia Honda State Park
My trip started with a week long visit to family in the Central Florida area. I went boating on the St John's, sailing in a race, visited a few area beaches, and saw my grandma - among other things. I then rented a car and drove the length of the Florida Keys and lastly spent a few days around St. Augustine....

Kyle!
In the spring I spent most of my time learning how to use off-camera flash and improving my overall photographic skills. Not having to work yet I was also able to spend some time out hiking and biking...




Morning in the Valley
My entire summer and fall were spent working at Szalay's Farm. I love it down there - its the only job I've ever had where I'll put in 80-90 hour weeks. It ends up consuming my whole life for that period but I saved a decent amount of money - which led to more gear upgrades.....


Zane
The last few months I've been able to use my new skills and gear to really improve my photography - and with the holidays I had the chance to try them out on friends and family. I've also started a few new photographic projects that I'll have more information about in the coming days...


I know that dates, and holidays like New Year's, really are just about arbitrary numbers - but it does make for a good time to reflect a little bit and prepare for what comes next...

No comments: