Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Plates We Can Believe In


Obama PlateWhat better way is there to celebrate the first day of the Barack Obama presidency than with Chinese-made dinnerware? One night I was passed out on my friend Josh's couch when he woke me up and asked for my address. He then told me that I was about to get the best Christmas present ever....well it arrived this week - my Barack Obama commemorative plate! All I need now are some Washington dollars with Obama's face painted over Washington's - Montel Williams is hocking those. Steven Colbert did a great piece on the exploitation of Obama's image - check it out here. My plate came with a sticker that said, "Not for food use - food consumed on this plate may be harmful" - but on the bright side it did come with a certificate of authenticity from the American Historic Society.....

No comments: