Monday, January 22, 2024

To Shoot or Not to Shoot

Pitt Bday
I drove to Pittsburgh for a surprise birthday party last weekend. Besides a brewery stop on the way out we spent most of the time hanging out at a friend's house. When I got home I realized how few photos I really took. I try to remind myself to shoot some of these moments but at the same time I often get caught up in just enjoying myself. I definitely feel people have a tendency to over document things and not enjoy the moment enough - all those IG video stories - moments experienced through the screen instead of directly through your own eyes, only to be swiped past once and the forgotten....but at the same time I am so glad I have captured moments of friends that are no longer around. Also a reason I still think photography can be more powerful than cellphone vids. 
 Anyways - maybe I actually struck the perfect balance on this night - a couple fun shots to look bak on - but an evening of great conversation with the camera often in its bag too.

Acrospire
I stopped at this great little brewery near where the party was. I've found I hate driving after dark these days so I went early and killed a bit of time with a craft beer.
Pitt Bday
Pitt Bday
Pitt Bday
Pitt Bday
47.
Pitt Bday
Pitt Bday

No comments: