Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Johnstown, PA

Higher Ground Hundo
For the second year in a row I travelled to Johnstown, PA for a cycling event called Higher Ground Hundo and hosted by Hope Cyclery. I arrived on Friday afternoon, grabbed some food then headed over to the bike shop for registration. I also walked around the area snapping some photos with my Canon R8 and 28mm f/2.8. It was then time to go set up camp at a city park. The next day was the ride - I didn't take any photos as it was 43 degrees and rainy - a really tough day out. The whole story of the ride is in the video at the bottom. I snapped some more images on Sunday morning while waiting for Erin to pick me up and take us to our next adventure.

Higher Ground Hundo
The bike shop was a women owned liquor distributer early on and then a transmission shop for decades. Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
The shop had been broken into and bikes were stolen.
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
The whole are was a market and ditribution part of town - lots of cool old signage and buildings.
Higher Ground Hundo
The downtown area of Johnstown is nice but over here, a few blocks away is on rougher times.
Higher Ground Hundo
I love that keyhole window on the second floor.
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
My new friend Todd. That is one of the best things about these events - meeting all the people.
Higher Ground Hundo
I have a habit of photographing fire hydrants - I should put together an art show.
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo
Higher Ground Hundo

No comments: