Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Kodak Portra 400

Noble Beast
Kodak Portra 400 seems to be the things all the kids love these days so I thought I would see what all the hype was about. Well - I'm not sure. I understand it is supposed to be a more subdued film than some of the stocks I like - but it really came out over-exposed and under-saturated. This is kind of my problem with color film - did I over-expose, was it developed bad, did my scanner not like it? As washed out as these look I actually did darken them a bit and add some contrast in post. I don't know - I have a decent amount of color film left in the fridge but after that I think I'll stick to B&W. I can just control all of the processes so much better and have a much better eye for comparing them. I still dig some of these photos even if it looks like they were shot on expired film.

Rubber Worker
The Rubber Worker
Northside
Northside at Night - which further confuses me - all the low light and indoor images came out the best.
Northside
There were all kind of weird artifacts in this image I had to clean up - again - no idea where they came from.
Magic City
It looks vintage - I give it that.
Magic City
Magic City
Kent
Kent
Kent
portra6
Cleveland
Have these kids ever tried Ektar?
Guardians
Bikes
Bikes
portra18
Brad
Noble Beast
Indoors - looks way better.
Noble Beast
Noble Beast
Noble Beast
Noble Beast
Ford
Ford
Cleveland
Cleveland
Cleveland
Cleveland
Cleveland
Cleveland

No comments: