Monday, November 30, 2020

Thanksgiving Weekend 2020 Style

Thanksgiving
Like everything else this year Thanksgiving weekend was quite different. Different isn't always bad  -though I did miss some of our modern traditions. My Dad's text to everyone on Thanksgiving morning definitely teared me up on my way out the door to play a quick game of catch with a couple friends(instead of our usual tackle football game with a bunch of friends/family). Erin fried the two of us some turkey tenders that we ate at a normal dinner time. Our family brewery crawl(all day long!) on Black Friday was reduced to just me meeting mom & dad for a couple of beers outside at Lock 3 and the bars and bands and old friends the rest of the weekend were replaced by solo bike rides and some chill nights around a fire and YouTube vids. Again - not horrible - just different....


Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving
The Lockview
Meeting Mom & Dad downtown at Lockview.
Lock 4
Lock 4
David Fortier River Park
I took some portraits for a few cousins of mine in North Olmstead and then went for a little hike around the area after. There is a very cool park right outside of downtown that has the waterfalls where the mills would have been when the city was founded.
David Fortier River Park
A couple of these water photos show the amazing stabilization in my Caanon EOS R5 - I was able to use a slow enough shutter speed to blur the water but keep everything else sharp handheld! An image like this would have required a tripod with any other camera I have ever owned.
David Fortier River Park
David Fortier River Park
1/15th of a second - amazing!
David Fortier River Park
I'm excited that I finally got the adapter for my old lenses - I wish I had had it on this day though. I find I do a lot of color correction with the 24-105mm that came with the camera. The shadows are always very purple.
David Fortier River Park
David Fortier River Park
These are the actual "Olmstead Falls".
David Fortier River Park
David Fortier River Park
David Fortier River Park
David Fortier River Park
Working Class Brewery
I decided to pick up some beer for Erin and I at a place I hadn't been to - Working Class Brewing - the bar was empty enough that I felt comfortable sampling a few selections before making my choice.
Working Class Brewery
I didn't drink this one - but I wanted a photo of the boot - the guy across the bar obliged.
The Bean
The Bean
The Bean & Smokey
Smokey & The Bean
The Bean & Smokey
The Bean & Smokey
Smokey
Smokey - yes, she is usually this intense.
Football
"Football"
Lock 3
Lock 3
Akron Coffee Roaster Sampler
Akron Coffee Roasters samplers - I actually did a fair bit of work over the Holiday too. I had images to shoot and edit for small businesses and caught up on some other video editing for Giving Tuesday aswell. - a YouTube video I made with the bike rides...

No comments: