Friday, November 15, 2019

First Snow Ride 2019


I hopped on my bike Tuesday afternoon to test out a few things. First I wanted to make sure my old Trek mountain bike was road worthy - I really only use it as my winter bike now. I had also just bought the new GoPro Hero 8 Black. Its most touted feature is the HyperSmooth 2.0 and it did not disappoint. I can't believe how well it stabilizes the video - attaching my old GoPro - the Hero 5 - to the bike handlebars made the video almost unusable, with the new one it looks like I had it on a gimbal. I also shot a hyperlapse with it that looks really great too. The slow motion bits are from my old GoPro... speaking of which GoPros are never known for their low light capability but I did take the new one out on Wednesday night and it is definitely an improvement. Anyways - I'm all around impressed for this small, inexpensive camera - I didn't think I would have ever bought another one but I'm glad that I did. Although not visible here I did make an IGTV version of this video using the new "auto-reframe" tool in Premiere Pro - and that is amazing too - you can check that out on my IG page.

No comments: