Friday, September 30, 2016

The French Connection

French Cyclist II
I just purchased a new camera lens - the Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L II. I needed something a little wider for certain group shots and event shoots. I also just finished building up my early 80's Peugeot 12 Speed and bought a few vintage French cycling jerseys from ebay. I decided to combine all of these things and try out a few lighting techniques in the studio. In the above photo I desaturated the image a bit to give it a slightly vintage feel.


French Cyclist
In this shot I lowered the camera to show off the bike a little more. I also went for a more colorful and cool blue look in the post-processing.
French Cyclist III
This vintage French jersey is awesome!
Anyways - here I moved the grided-side lights back for more a rim light look. Its kind of the look they use in those Sports Illustrated athlete portraits to show off their muscles. Not that I have much in the way of muscles - but I think it works pretty well. The bike is my 70's Viscount Aerospace GP - my fastest and lightest bike.

No comments: