Thursday, June 2, 2016

Alley Garden

The Alley Garden
I always like to photograph my garden as a way to measure the progress and keep track of what I've done from year to year. This is the second year that I have planted the alley behind my studio and I have doubled the size. I put most of the plants in the ground in mid-May(I usual like to gamble a bit) and survived both "frosts". I also have a container garden with more herbs and veggies - I'm sure I'll post some photos of that soon.


The Alley Garden
Red Peppers - I've planted two varieties of peppers this year. I never have too much luck with peppers though - I've planted them in multiple gardens and containers - hopefully this is the year.
The Alley Garden
Zucchini - I left way more room for my zucchinis to grow this year - I always do well with them for a while - and then mildew takes them down.
The Alley Garden
My second year strawberry plant is looking good.
The Alley Garden
Cucumbers - these went buck wild in this location last year - hopefully I have the same luck.
The Alley Garden
Yellow grape tomatoes - a first for me.
The Alley Garden
Two cherry tomato plants.
The Alley Garden
Lavender
The Alley Garden
Thyme - the rest of my herbs are in pots - can't wait to make some spaghetti sauce with fresh herbs later this summer.
The Alley Garden
Broccoli - never attempted this before.
The Alley Garden
Four kohlrabi plants - another first for me.
More updates throughout the season....

No comments: