Monday, February 1, 2016

Columbus Visit

Land Grant Brewing
Last weekend I made the trip down 71 to Columbus and visited my friend Brad. We picked a great weekend as the weather was beautiful. We hiked, we skated, we bar crawled, and we took a trip down memory lane(also known as High Street). Brad had the chance to show me a Columbus I hadn't seen before - partly because it didn't really exist the last time I was there and partly because many of my previous CBus trips were campus-centric. I've always had a blast in The Capitol, and I should have snapped some more photos, but the important and best thing was catching up with one of my oldest friends.
This was a good teaser trip too because I'm going to explore Columbus a little more in depth on a Knight Foundation trip there next month called Akron2Columbus.


Scioto Audubon Park
We started our day at Scioto Audubon Park. This was a cool view from a platform on an old water tower.
Scioto Audubon Park
"Climbers"
Scioto Audubon Park
"Water Tower on Blue Sky"
Scioto Audubon Park
"Brad on a Rock"
Scioto Audubon Park
"Brad on a Water Tower"
Scioto Audubon Park
"Water Tower" 16 Bit Bar
"16 Bit Bar"
Great beer selection and free vintage arcade games - that is pretty hard to beat.
"Land Grant Brewing"
Land Grant Brewing
We made up our own rules and played this game at Land Grant Brewing. The beers here were good but I wish they had more selection on draft - no porters or stouts in the winter? Come on.

Brad also planned it so we could meet up with a couple old friends - pictured here at Seventh Son Brewing. I had a few truly amazing beers here.
Bird
The next morning we went for a walk for some coffee - and hiked our way back.
Columbus Hike
"City Park"
Bird
"Brad on the Rocks"
I'll be sure to snap many more photos on my next Columbus trip....

No comments: