Sunday, January 18, 2015

Glass Practice

Glass Practice
On Thursday I had a glass artist coming to the studio to have his portfolio photographed. I've shot some art glass pieces but I still wanted to be set up and have some test shots done before the artist arrived. I used the bottles filled with blue food coloring for that purpose. The set-up is a fairly simple but required a fair bit of tweaking to get everything just right - plus much more tweaking for each individual piece I ended up shooting. The above lighting consists of two strobes with grids behind at about 45 degrees and a large soft box over the top - dropped very close to create the gradient on the background. 

My tests came out real well and the actual shots of the art are even better - I'll have some of those to post when the project is complete.
Water Bottle
"Laura's Water Bottle"

No comments: