Thursday, June 12, 2014

@85mm

New 85mm What do you do when you get a new camera lens? Throw it on the camera and take photos of everything around you of course. My Canon 85mm f/1.8 came in the mail today - its my first decent prime lens for digital. The idea is for it to be my portrait lens - and a short telephoto for landscape-type-things. Its the first lens for my new camera - and as I wrote the other day I plan to get a set of all primes(non-zooms or fixed focal length - for the uninitiated) for it. I did change my mind about the 50mm though after a talk with a friend/experienced pro-photographer. I think I'm going to get a 35mm for my standard lens instead and then add a wide angle - possibly 20mm - but I'm still researching the wide angle options. I already have a 50 if I need it.
Anywho - can't wait to really test this thing out....

Some SX-70s When I say "take photos of everything around you" - in my case that is usually other cameras... Kodak Flash Kodak Flash Jack "Jack"
Ok, enough messing around - I have photos to edit that I'm getting paid for.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your stuff is really good... you should be famous!