Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tivoli & Ostia Antica

Tivoli, Italy
These are my last few shots of the Rome area on 35mm - these are on Fuji Neopan 400 and developed in Kodak HC-110(b). I'm just about out of my bottle of HC-110 and I'm debating whether or not to try a new developer or to buy another bottle of this syrup which has worked so well for me over the last year. I'm starting to lean towards trying something new. I have one final roll of film to develop from my trip to Italy - Its 120mm shot with my Browne Hawkeye Flash Model. 
Above is a statue in a piazza in the hill town of Tivoli. I took two shots of this - one without the kid on the bike and one with - I preferred the above - it ads more scale and life. 
Although I tried to keep my film from going through X-Ray machines at the airports and museums it still happened a few times(at Fiumicino Airport in Rome and at The Vatican Museum) - I didn't seem to notice any ill effects on the images. Both machines said they were "safe for all film". The security personal in Philadelphia and Akron-Canton Airports were very nice about hand checking my film - the opened a few boxes and swabbed the rest - but didn't give me any trouble.
Market in Tivoli
Farmers Market in Tivoli
Theater in Ostia Antica
Theater in Ostia Antica - I like this black and white better than my digital color shots with my Canon 7D. Remnants - Ostia Antica
More ruins in Ostia Antica. Columns - Ostia Antica
'Pile of Pillars' - Ostia Antica Ancient Street - Ostia Antica
'The Ancient Street' - Ostia Antica

No comments: