Thursday, February 7, 2013

Art Show

Viewing Distance
My friend Ted is working as the Interim Director of the Emily Davis Gallery at The University of Akron and he asked me to take some photos of the opening reception for the 'Myers School of Art’s 2013 Juried Student Exhibition' - which I was more than happy to do. I edited a few of the shots I took more for fun - the "artsy" ones - to post tonight. I have some more serious photos that give a much better view of what the show and gallery looked like. There was some really cool pieces in the show - of course I was partial to the photographs and there was a great silver gelatin print that really impressed me. 
I always end up really satisfied when I drag myself out of the house to see art shows(even when I'm not doing a job) - and if I don't like all the pieces I always like seeing what creative people are doing. I read about a cool sounding shows in the paper and I always think to myself "I should go to that" - I really should go to that. 
Now I'm gonna start editing the rest of these photos....
Iron Works
Iron Works
Legs III
Legs
Wrapped
Wrapped

No comments: