Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Last Shot(s) of Summer

Corn and Sun
Yesterday I developed a roll of Iford HP5 Plus 400 film in Kodak HC-110(b) that I mostly shot over the late Summer. It took me a minute to figure out which fields and when some of the shots were from. This is my second roll of HP5(not counting my high school photography class) and I'm not sure yet whether I prefer it to Kodak Tri-X 400 or not yet. I feel that I get a bit more contrast with Tri-X but I need to shoot a few more rolls of this first and make some prints before I'm sure. I'm really pleased with the above shot that was taken directly into the sun which was just starting to burn of the thick fog from the Cuyahoga River. It came out as I hoped - I think my black and white film photography skills are starting to get where I would like them to be....
Picking in Muranyi's Field
The corn picker in Muranyi's Field - shot with my ubiquitous red filter to bring out the clouds. Corn, Sun and Fog More left behind corn in the sun and fog. Rain Rain at the Farm - didn't have much of that during the Summer. Fenced II The old Crooked River Herb Farm. Yom Kippur "New Beginnings" Threw my bread into the Cuyahoga on Yom Kippur in the rain. Mums Mums - had to finish the roll....

1 comment:

Tim Fitzwater said...

Oh yeah - this was all shot with my Minolta X-700.