Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pictureless?

Today I went for a hike to try and find and explore a ravine I had been told about.  The magic hour lighting was about perfect and I had my Nikon F3 with a 28mm lens on and Kodak Ektar 100 loaded.  It would be a perfect combination for some great landscapes.  After hiking up a hill I was completely out of breath - I looked up and saw what I though was a barking dog about 50 yard away.  I soon realized it was a coyote being very vocal - probably protecting its young.  I backed off a few steps and fumbled for my 300mm Nikkor lens - I clumsily attached it to the camera and tried to steady myself and achieve focus for some shots.  Unfortunately with the slow Ektar loaded I could only get about 1/30 second exposure at f/4.5 - which will probably be blurry....we will find out soon.... 

No comments: