Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coffee Break

Coffee Break
I shot a few photos with my camera on the tripod today to test my newish lens(Canon EfS 17-55mm f/2.8) - I've had some concern about chromatic aberrations with it. I'm not sure what is an acceptable amount but since this lens cost more than my car I want to be sure it is performing as it should. Notice the red line on the coffee cup in the below photo(its corrected for with Photoshop in the above version) - all highlight edges seem to show this color-fringing. I called Canon and they said to take my filter off and test it - then send the lens in if I still notice the problem.  I intend to post this in a few forums and get some opinions before doing so....
tim2

1 comment:

Tim Fitzwater said...

The lens is on its way back to Canon - I'm never gonna be happy unless I know if there is a problem or not...