Monday, April 4, 2011

Kodak Portra 160vc

Rust
Today I scanned a roll of Kodak Portra 160vc I recently shot with my Minolta X-700. I'm still not to sure about the best settings to use with my Canoscan 9000f, it took a bit of work in Photoshop to get some of the colors to look like the images that I had printed from the film. Later this week I plan to pick a shot and scan it with multiple settings to get a better idea of the best ones for what I'm doing. I have found that using Canon's FARE software to remove dust and scratches saves lots of Photoshopping.
Laura
I was really happy with the Portra 160vc film I shot - the colors were really beautiful. I'm working on a collage with some of the 4x6 prints I had made. I'll have a digital photo of the analog project soon.

I like the almost-tilt-shift-quality of this shot. I used a 135mm Promaster lens for it.
Tracks
I've always wanted to shoot this hydrant in my neighborhood - used a Rokkor 50mm 1.7 here.
Hydrant
Here's Laura on the tracks - I'll have some more of this roll posted soon...
Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job. film = fun.