Thursday, January 18, 2018

Hair Cut/Grid Shots

Self II
Yesterday I got my hair done at Apothaclaire in Downtown Akron. I have some photo shoots with them coming up and it was decided I should represent appropriately. Which was a good idea since I probably haven't had a proper haircut in over a decade. When I got home I decided to set up some lights and get a good shot of their work.


Lighting
I used a couple of grids on the lights for a few reasons - to aim the light precisely and to keep it off of the background(I wanted the background dark).
Self
This was me dialing in the first grid. It takes a little doing as the light is so specific - lots of moving them around. Its easier to work with a manikin or model for this kind of thing(and even though I know that I walked back and forth between the lights and the lens over and over).
Lighting II
So it was still a fairly simple two light set-up but you can see how different it looks from my last post with two lights(HERE) using a soft box and umbrella. I thought this highlighted the hair far more.

No comments: