Thursday, April 4, 2013

Baking 101

...or maybe 'Baking Autodidactic'? I've decided to teach myself how to bake bread - a combination of the internet baking forums, recipes on packages, and a bit of my own ideas.... So far I've done alright. Below is my Oatmeal-Stout Banana Wheat bread. I found a recipe online and then altered it for ingredients I didn't have(butter instead of oil/threw in some nutmeg/left out the pecans/used wheat gluten instead of wheat germ(whatever that is)) and poured some home-brewed oatmeal stout in too. The photo is another example of CS6 making my 7D work like a new camera - this was shot at ISO 1250 - but who could tell? I would never add vibrance and saturation to such a high-ISO photo in past versions of Photoshop but here I have a decent amount of both... 
Oatmeal-Stout Wheat Banana Bread
Baking, gardening, Rome, video, CS6, new job - 2013 is shaping up to be a very learn-ed year for me....

No comments: