Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Blimp

The Blimp
Seeing "the Blimp" in Akron (its not the Goodyear Blimp here(this is the former 'Rubber Capitol of the World') the "Goodyear" is implied....there is simply no other blimp - (Fuji, really?!?)) is not that uncommon an occurrence, I've even posted on it before. But today's sighting was special because I was checking out Wingfoot Lake State Park for the first time and across the lake I saw the blimp moored. All of a sudden the engines roared up and the blimp launched into the sky circling directly over my head. The unexpectedness and the proximity made this my favorite Blimp sighting to date.

Coming at Cha
Coming right at me!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

We got the blimp!

Nikki said...

Easily one of my favorite parks ever. I'm so glad they opened it to the public!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkinisly/sets/72157624704609767/

Tim Fitzwater said...

Stunning shot!

I'll need to go back and check out the park this spring when the weather turns.
The view of Wingfoot hanger is really cool - caught me by surprise!

Nikki said...

It is absolutely amazing, especially around those perfect photography hours. The only thing that's irritating is that it's hard to get a fully clear sky in your shot because the trees are so fully mature the branches are rather low. Even sitting down at 18mm I still got branches in the way.