Thursday, February 12, 2009

Abe's 200th


F.A. Seiberling's OfficeAs you probably know, today is the 200th birthday of Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln is one of those people that become more impressive the more you learn about them - the truth is more interesting than the myth.

This photo was taken a few years ago of the mantle in Goodyear founder F.A.Seiberling's office at Stan Hywet Hall. You actually aren't supposed to take any pictures inside of Stan Hywet(I know this because I had been told to stop about ten minutes before) -but at the time I was on a Lincoln kick(I had just read a collection of his speeches) and when I saw this office I had to snap one. I shot it in full-auto mode with the pop-up flash, I just wanted the photo.

I was just checking out the government's Lincoln Bicentennial site and I saw a great show on PBS last night called Looking for Lincoln.

No comments: