Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Virginia Bluebells 2018

Wildflowers
I guess in all my years of photographing the bluebells I've finally run out of good puns for the title containing "blue" or "bell" - or the final bell has tolled on my puns. Sorry. I can't help myself I guess.
Anyways - I finally got myself out of bed to catch some early light and photograph my favorite spring wildflowers. I usually like to get down to Furnace Run a little earlier in the season to catch a more dense group of flowers and also to shoot some when they are still pink. It has just been a busy spring for me. The silver lining is that the trilliums were turning pink which I think is pretty cool.


Bluebells
Falling Bluebells
Wildflowers
I'm so glad everything is greening up and our city is becoming pretty again.
Wildflowers
Dew and Sun
Wildflowers
I don't remember the name of these but I always love to shoot directly down on the them.
Wildflowers
I don't know the names of these either but I love the little twisted ones that haven't bloomed yet.
Wildflowers
Waning Trillium
Wildflowers
Wildflowers
Wildflowers
Wildflowers
Bells and Sun
Wildflowers
I'm not anti-smart phone photography by any means - I shoot with mine all the time. But I will say the palette of colors from a nice camera sensor combined with Photoshop can't be touched by Instagram filters. ....and no "portrait mode" blur algorithms can compete with the shallow depth of field from a beautiful lens.
Wildflowers
Pink and Dew
Wildflowers
Closed and Open
Wildflowers
Wildflowers
Wildflowers
Some of the smooth rocks along Furnace Run covered with some river silt after the recent rains.
Wildflowers
A few "pink bells" in the background there.
Wildflowers
Wildflowers
Some good computer desktop wallpaper right there!
Wildflowers
A small buckeye tree in bloom.
Wildflowers
Wildflowers
Down by the River
Wildflowers
Dandelions in Morning Sun

No comments: