Monday, March 6, 2017

Victim's Assistance Mardi Gras


I shot the Victim's Assistance Program Mardi Gras at Tangier for the third time the other night. VAP is an amazing organization that does so much to help people navigate through the aftermath of a victimization and or trauma. I love being able to do this for them.
During the cocktail hour a I set up a "photo booth" like area and take photos of the people as they arrive. When everyone moves to sit down and eat I tear down the lighting set-up and move into the other room to cover the event - ceremony and dancing. The believe the event sells out every year as so many people in the community want to support the work the heroes do(it is also a good time).

Here is a small selection of the 100s of photos I shot.

The organizing committee.











No comments: