Monday, April 5, 2010

Lord of the Yum Yum

Lord of the Yum Yum
I met 'Lord of the Yum Yum'(aka Paul) from Chicago last year when he was playing a show at The Royal Oaks in Youngstown. He had a few dates fall through for his Spring '10 Tour so I hooked him up with shows at the Akron Matinee and the Happy Dog(see previous post) in Cleveland. We(Paul, my room-mate and I) decided to stop in the National Park on the way to Cleveland to take some promo shots(and show him a little of Northeast Ohio's natural beauty). Paul had the idea to shoot some pictures in a lake with a trombone - I told him I couldn't supply a trombone but I did have a lake.

For the photos I have my roommate holding a flash off to the left of the camera for some fill light. When processing these images I cloned out hikers in the background.
Lord of the Yum Yum
This is a shot I snapped between the more posed ones. Paul really liked it - it has kind of a disjointed feeling, just nonchalantly hanging out in a lake - in that outfit.
When I'm shooting portraits or bands I always make sure to get some photos when the subjects aren't paying attention to the camera - I often find that these more candid shots turn out to be some of the best.

No comments: