Monday, May 11, 2009

B-Day Fun


MiapiñataSophia
On Saturday my friend Sara had a birthday party for her and Wes's daughter, Mia, over at her parent's house. I rarely use E-TTL mode on my flash('electronic through the lens' which fires a pre-flash for automatically determining flash output)- as I rarely use direct on-camera flash, but I've found lately it does work well for fill flash outside. Its also benifical when you don't want to miss a moment looking at your flash and adjusting settings(especially when its a bunch of kids running around). I was also messing around using slightly longer exposures with the flash to add a bit of motion to some of the shots. Some of them turned out pretty cool. I always find that these family/friend events are good low pressure opportunities to try something new or different...

No comments: