Thursday, April 16, 2020

TMax 400 on Bikes

Bikes on Film
My friend Taylor gave me a big box of film that he had found at an estate sale a little while back. I've posted a few blogs with the color film but with the 'Stay at Home' order I've jumped into some of the black & white film since I can develop it at home. Being a big fan of Tri-X I never had a reason to try out TMax 400 - until I had a free box of it! I shot the roll over three bicycle rides and then developed it in HC-110 dilution b for 6 minutes. This isn't a recommended way to develop TMax but it is what I have and these were mostly snapshots anyways. I was really happy with the results - the age of the film and developer probably led to extra graininess and increased contrast but that is something I don't mind at all for images like this.


Bikes on Film
Bikes on Film
The first ride was to Massillon - unfortunately the film door popped open in my bike bag and I lost a few of the images.
Bikes on Film
A few days later I brought the camera with me when I was making my Roger Riviere video along the train tracks near Summit Lake.
Bikes on Film
I was very happy with the tones in the last two images.
Bikes on Film
I stopped to film and photograph at this scrap yard.
Bikes on Film
I really dig this contrasty image.
Bikes on Film
Another fave.
Bikes on Film
My Riviere
Bikes on Film
On Easter Sunday Ben, Erin and I rode out to Kent and beyond stopping for beers in the woods along the way(since we wouldn't be seeing our families).
Bikes on Film
I love this shot - Ben is capturing Erin's Surly jacket, coozie, and bike. I like how al three came out with the same dark shade.
Bikes on Film
Bikes on Film
Erin
Bikes on Film
The end of the Portage Hike & Bike
Bikes on Film
Hanging at the Moon Tower
Bikes on Film
These came out really nice.
Bikes on Film
Bikes on Film
Peaking
Bikes on Film
Bikes on Film
The graffiti is perfect here.
Bikes on Film
My film counter was ogg on the camera since it has reset twice when the film door had popped open. Unfortunately I advanced the film to hard when it was at the end of the roll and I could not rewind it. I had to wait until I was at home and could remove the roll in the complete dark of my changing bag. Not a huge deal - I just was disappointed I couldn't load another roll on this day.

No comments: