Monday, October 7, 2019

Fall-ing Hard

Kent Oktoberfest
I didn't snap a ton of photos this weekend but man did I do a ton of things. My weekend actually started on Thursday evening when my friend Aaron took a group of us to Pittsburgh to see one of our favorite High School band, The Queers. I didn't want to worry about the venues camera policy so I didn't bring it. On Friday evening Erin and I went to a market at the amphitheater in downtown Cuyahoga Falls. On Saturday I left my house on my bicycle at 11:30 and rode through a festival in Peninsula, to Oktoberfest in Kent, to Oktoberfest in Akron, over to the closing of my show at Summit ArtSpace, then to a house show in Highland Square. Sunday Erin and I hit two farm markets and a makers market in Willoughby. There were also a couple brewery stops sprinkled in throughout....


Cuyahoga Falls
Downtown CF
Cuyahoga Falls
Erin with HiHo's new Fall beer.
Cuyahoga Falls
Cuyahoga Falls
Kent Oktoberfest
Kent Oktoberfest
Kent Oktoberfest
Kent's Oktoberfest was really popular - they had a bunch of different food vendors.
Kent Oktoberfest
Kent Oktoberfest
Kent Oktoberfest
....and a black squirrel in lederhosen.
Kent Oktoberfest
Marzen beers of course.
Oktoberfest
Akron's Oktoberfest was pretty subdued in comparison(at least at the time we were there).
Oktoberfest
Akron had less food options but more beer options - Thirsty Dog had brought a nice selection.
Oktoberfest
Thirsty Dog's Barktoberfest is one of my favorite Fall lagers.
Trek 500
My Trek 500 - I built this up early Summer as my bike-packing bicycle but it has really become my daily driver - over 2300 miles on it already.
Summit Art Space
The closing of my show "Just Ride" on the third floor of the Summit ArtSpace - there was a vintage bike show surrounded by my photographs of my cycling friends. I didn't really have the chance to shoot any photos at the opening because I was chatting with friends so I captured a few on Saturday.
Summit Art Space
Summit Art Space
Summit Art Space
Summit Art Space
Summit Art Space
Summit Art Space
The view from the third floor is so cool.
Joe Jack Talcum
Joe Jack Talcum from the Dead Milkmen! What a rad show.
Joe Jack Talcum
Joe Jack Talcum
Joe Jack Talcum
Joe Jack was awesome - played half solo songs and half Dead Milkmen songs - he also took requests. The show was a benefit for the International Rescue Committee. I had planned to make it to one more show after this that evening but I was done.
Patterson Fruit Farm
Patterson Fruit Farm on Sunday. The place was an absolute zoo - much like Szalay's on Fall weekends.
Patterson Fruit Farm
We bought pumpkins, fritters, apples, at some snacks and it was also connected to a park that we went for a hike in.
Patterson Fruit Farm
Willoughby
We stopped at another market/orchard/farm then headed on to Willoughby.
Willoughby
Willoughby
Erin picked up a few cool items then we headed over to Willoughby Brewing for a snack and a beer. Pretty intense Fall Weekend!

No comments: