Sunday, January 6, 2019

New Year

NYE2
So I wound down 2018 with a some great people at the studio - a few of whom are pictured above. I know some people aren't huge fans of resolutions but I like to take the time to reflect and set some goals. When I was writing at this time last year I really believed it would be the year of getting back to personal projects - more analog film, more YouTube videos and things like that. In fact it didn't work out like that at all. I shot more videos and photos than ever before - but it was mostly for work. Most of the personal projects came from my travels. That being said my biggest goal had always been to a professional photographer and now it is to grow my business - so I'm not mad at all that things didn't go as planned. 


NYE1
Since my hobby has become my job(in a good way) it opens up more time for my other passions - namely cycling. I always wanted to spend the time when I got home from my day job becoming a better photographer and experimenting with new techniques. I still enjoy doing that but don't feel as much pressure too - now it is when I want to. Its nice to jump on my bike and just ride - or ride with friends. Its even a relief to sometimes show up at something without a camera! ….the truth is I'm never without a camera though - I have my smart phone and I am almost always using it as a camera when I leave my DSLR at home.
New Year, New Nerd
I have a major goal in mind for 2019 and I really look forward to sharing it with everyone - but I prefer to get a little closer before I do.
Happy New Year - make it a great one!

No comments: