Monday, July 2, 2018

Bike Packing

Adventure Bike
Bike camping is something I have been interested in for a while but have never done. Lately I acquired some of the gear I needed and also built up this bike. This is an old French bike that I inherited when my close friend Josh died. Originally it would have been a cheapish steal road bike, when Josh bought it it had already been converted to some kind of hybrid, and now I've frankenstiened it into a gravel/touring bike. 


Canon 6D
Part of the goal is to travel light so I was trying to decide if I should just bring my GoPro on the trip - but the simple fact is a I can't live with the quality of photos it takes(video is acceptable) So I am going to bring my Canon 6D with the "nifty fifty"(50mm f/1.8). For a full frame set-up it is pretty light and small - and I don't want to worry about having my 5DmkIV with me. I originally had some grand plans for a long trip with a lot of miles - but I think for my first time a couple night, simple trip is the best idea...

No comments: