Monday, February 5, 2018

Squirt Gun

Squirt Gun
I had a glass artist coming into the studio who has a specific way he like things shot. I've worked with him a few times so I know he likes minimal highlights on the objects and a gradient on the backdrop. It had been a little while since I photographed his stuff so I decided to set up a couple test shots while I waited for him to arrive. This squirt gun suited my needs as a stand in. The trick for these, I've found, is to back light the art with a couple of grid spots. 
I also shot some real challenging glass sculptures for the Akron Art Prize last Summer - it takes some doing - but when you get it right it can look pretty amazing. I'll put together a post with some of that stuff in the near future. Today I bought some new hard drives and I'm working on reorganizing my files...

No comments: