Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Sun Also Rises

Virginia Kendall
Since my gimp leg kept me up most of the night I decided to pay it back by dragging it around Kendall this morning - it had been far too long since I watched the sunrise in the Cuyahoga Valley anyways. I guess there are a few reasons I don't get out in the woods as much anymore - most of my hiking time is now biking time, I feel like I've pretty thoroughly covered The Valley with my camera over the years, I'm shooting all the time as my day job now, and maybe this one is stupid - but it seems kind of ridiculous for me to lug thousands of dollars worth of gear knowing people will look at it on tiny phone screens - so like most - I'm happy to take the iphone snap and just post it to Instagram...
Regardless - I am glad I took the time to enjoy a beautiful morning in the park - and maybe I'll print one of these big - something a phone still can't do.


Virginia Kendall
Virginia Kendall
I thought I missed their season - but there were still a few black eyed susans hanging out in the shade.
Virginia Kendall
"What a tangled...."
Virginia Kendall
Let there be light
Virginia Kendall
Purple clover, queen anne's lace, crimson hair across your face...
Virginia Kendall
Silvery Silhouettes
Virginia Kendall
All of the late summer colors
Virginia Kendall
Toll Gate
Virginia Kendall The Dew and The Fog
Virginia Kendall
Golden Rod
Virginia Kendall
Sun, fog, and flowers
Virginia Kendall
Most importantly - I didn't think about our idiot president one time while I was out this morning.

No comments: