Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Its Black, Its White(part I)

Laundering
I just got a roll of Ilford XP2 Super 400 developed at Akron Commercial Color Lab and scanned in to my computer today. I shot the whole roll with my Minolta X-700 and MC Rokkor f/1.7 55mm lens attached. I was happy with the results of what I shot but found the development to be lacking - the whole strip of negatives was covered with water spots. I used Photoshop to do some cleaning of the images but I will have to clean the actual negatives to make prints with the enlarger(which hopefully I'll be able to do soon).
The Path IV
I used Photoshop to crank the contrast up in most of the shots and I did some limited cropping too. More on flickr and I'll post the rest of the roll tomorrow.
Ankore IAkron, OH

Below is an example of a un-cleaned image - you can see how bad the water spotting is. Bummer.
Thermos Study III
and finally - my favorite...
Fairlawn Indian

No comments: